This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Whether she’s strutting down the runway or perfecting the fiercest cat-eye, Christine is the definition of fabulous. But there’s more to this freshman beauty queen than meets the eye. The Young Life, Shadows of Health volunteering coordinator and SU gymnast is a shoo-in as the number one candidate at any med school.

HC: What’s your major and why did you choose it?

CR: My major is Neuroscience and Communication Sciences and Disorders – Pre-Med. I have many different interests and goals, and one of them happens to be becoming a neurosurgeon. I love science and the human body and have a natural instinct for wanting to help people. I, of course, would like to open my own salon as a side business, after I establish my medical career. But in the meantime, I plan on continuing my modeling and makeup career throughout my education.

HC: When did you first get into makeup?

CR: It started when I was a sophomore in high school, after all of my friends kept begging me to do do their makeup for school dances. Once that started, I gradually expanded my client base from friends to friends of friends to students in different schools and different grades across Las Vegas. I charged $20 for makeup for homecoming/sadies/prom and began experimenting with hair, as well.

HC: What inspired you to start your makeup Instagram?

CR: I wanted to display my work and potentially gain more clients. Instagram seemed like the perfect social media platform when it came to makeup. Its visual impact has been great for my business. Follow @makeupbycr to check out my work!

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do when you have free time?

CR: I love to model and practice my own photography by hosting themed makeup and hair photo-shoots at my at-home studio. I also participate in modeling gigs myself and get to be in front of the camera as well, which is always exciting!

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO