Make sure your closet is ready with these top 5 spring trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Here at Syracuse when we look out our windows flurries still drop down onto the ground. Despite the fact that it’s March, Syracuse weather tends to warm up towards the end of April. But don’t fret! Since spring break is just around the corner, many students are more than eager to escape the brutal winds of Syracuse to a much warmer climate.

Before you make that getaway trip or if you just want to update your wardrobe come spring, here are five upcoming trends for young women to look out for.

Girls just want to have fun:

1. Colored trousers were a big hit on the runway this spring. Designers like J.Crew and Matthew Williamson showcased bright colored pants as a season staple. This is a sure way to brighten up your look. If you want your wardrobe to stand out adding a vivid hue will have all eyes on you. Stores like J.Crew and Zara carry a plethora of colored trousers to choose from.

2. Prints have reappeared almost every season. The most common print that’s making a comeback (some may argue it never left) is floral prints. From dresses, to skirts and even tops, florals are exploding to every piece of our clothing. But since we are all trendsetters, or at least try to be, here are some ways to rock this trend in a fashion forward way. Graphic florals are different but still very chic. If you’re daring enough try a full out floral suit, Peter Som and Prabal Gurung mastered the floral suit in their spring collection. If you think that may be a little overboard then stick to a floral blazer or floral trousers.

3. I know spring is about revamping your wardrobe, but we can’t forget about the most important essential: shoes! Two tone ankle strap heels are quickly become the go-to shoe for bloggers like Annabelle Fleur of ViviaLuxury and Elin King this spring. The mixture between girly and sexy depends on how you play up the shoe. But it can easily transition from day to night. Zara is all over this trend as they have a great selection of ankle strap heels.

4. From bags to shoes and clothing, neon colors are popping up everywhere for the spring season. Heavily seen in spring collections, this trend will undoubtedly electrify your wardrobe. You can mix and match neon to a neutral color for a chic yet eye catching outfit. You can easily purchase this trend at Topshop, Zara, and H&M. 

5. Peplum came back in a subtle yet sexy way. Jason Wu, Yves Saint Laurent, and Girogio Armani among others designer incorporated this trend into their collection. This flirty trend is sure to be a showstopper in spring. Check out asos.com and riverisland.com for purchases.  

Stephanie is a senior at Syracuse University studying magazine journalism and psychology. She has been writing for Hercampus.com/Syracuse since her freshman year and has had two different beats: opinionated articles and study abroad tales. Stephanie is also involved with her sorority Gamma Phi Beta and writes for various mediums including The Daily Orange, 'Cuse Clothing Line and Medley Magazine.