Jannah Din ’14

Major: Dual major Newhouse(undecided)/ ISchoolMajor: Dual major in Newhouse (undecided) and the iSchool

Relationship Status: Single

Hails from: Colorado

Interests: Hoping to get involved in Jerk Magazine and Citrus TV

Sports played: Softball

Favorite Quotation: “If you see someone without a smile give them yours.”-Anonymous

Person she would love to meet: Mike Eruzione, former ice hockey player

Fun facts: Jannah could count as a global citizen! She has been everywhere from Honduras, Pakistan, France, London, Greece, and the Cayman Islands. Last summer Jannah went backpacking in France with a close friend. “I just really love to travel the world,” she said. Not to be outdone by her world travels, Jannah also modeled for a modeling agency back in Colorado.

Aspirations: Although Jannah is not sure what she wants to do with her life, she knows that it will involve helping people. “Maybe I will become a
traveling reporter, but I definitely want to do something that helps people,” she said.

If she could have dinner with anybody it would be: Bruce Willis or Matt Damon

Favorite Movie: Miracle

Where to find her: All over campus!

What do you like to do on the weekends: Jannah likes to hang out with her friends and go to frat parties on the weekends.

Reported by Chris Williamson

Relationship: Single

Hometown: Colorado

Interests: Jannah, currently does not have any involvement on campus, but she

wants to work for Jerk magazine or Citrus TV (student-run)

Sports played: While Jannah does not play any sports in college, she played softball

in high school and possessed a lot of talent, so much that she received recruiting

attention from a number of Division 1 colleges.

Favorite Quotation: “If you see someone without a smile give them yours.”-

Anonymous

Person they would love to meet: Mike Eruzione

Fun facts: Many people do a lot of amazing activities like climbing Mount Everest

or going to the Amazon, but Jannah goes the extra mile. It’s safe to say Jannah could

count as a global citizen as she has been everywhere from Honduras, Pakistan,

France, London, Greece, to the Caymen Islands. Just this last summer Jannah went

backpacking in France with a close friend. “I just really love to travel the world,”

Jannah says. Not to be outdone by her world travels, Jannah also modeled for a big

modeling agency back in Colorado.

Aspire: Although Jannah continues to figure out what she wants to do in life, Jannah

knows that it will involve helping people. “I am not sure yet, maybe I will become a

traveling reporter, but I definitely want to do something that helps people.”

If you could have dinner with anybody who would it be: Bruce Willis or Matt Damon
Favorite Movie: Miracle

Where can people find Jannah: Even though Jannah has a double major in two very

rigorous schools, you can find her practically anywhere.

What do you like to do on the weekends: Jannah likes to hang out with her friends,

and go to frat parties during the weekends.
Elora likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...but only warm rain, and especially rain that's packaged in summer thunderstorms! The sophomore magazine journalism and English major is an assistant feature copy editor for SU's independent student newspaper, the Daily Orange, and is a contributing writer for GALA Magazine. She is also a brother in the community service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega. Elora has country music on her iTunes for every possible mood and she will never turn down a Dave Matthews Band concert, a trip to Panera Bread or a pickup soccer game. Although she's not sure exactly what she wants to do after graduation, she hopes to use writing to make a difference in someone's world.