Four Similarities Between the VS Fashion Show and the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

1. While we may not be interested in how our fantasy team is doing, the “Royal Fantasy Bra” is a totally different story.

This 8 million dollar bra will be worn tonight by VS MVP Candice Swanepoel.  Peyton Manning doesn’t get to wear 4,200 precious gems on his uniform while he’s at work.  (Although I’m sure he would look great in sapphires.) 

2. There’s a killer “halftime” musical performance during which most male viewers leave the room for more snacks and a drink refill.

Unless there’s lingerie-clad models strutting down the runway or a great play happening on the field, there’s not much for the boys to see. That is unless T-Swift or Beyonce are the featured musical guests…or Janet Jackson (yikes). 

3. The fashion show attracts mostly female viewers aged 18-49.

The male counterparts of this same age group make up the majority of the Super Bowl viewers.  Its interesting to see the differences between the two groups when it comes time for commercial breaks.  I mean, us girls love Doritos and Beer too but after watching Candice and Miranda strut their stuff, I’m sure a lettuce or Diet Coke advertisement would be more strategically placed in the ad spot.  

4. We all secretly wish to be one of the VS angels just as the men secretly want to be NFL players.

C’mon… multi-million dollar contracts, fame & fortune, plus the bonus of being able to date models….or pro athletes.

See…maybe men and women aren’t so different after all!