This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

It’s finally October and Halloween party season is fast approaching. Although some of have been planning out our costumes for months, others might be planning to improvise. After all, at ‘Cuse, you never know how many Halloween parties you’ll be attending. To make sure you will never be left with no costume, here are a few essentials to always keep under your bed.

1. Tutu.

Tutus are for more than just ballerina costumes. You can use them for prom themed costumes, Toddlers and Tiaras, or anything circus themed. If you have this in your costume inventory, you’ll never run out of options.

1. Wings

Wings are also great to have! You can use them for the typical angel costume, a fairy, or even a Victoria’s Secret Angel costume.

1. Animal ears.

These are probably number one on every girls list. Whether you go for the traditional cat years or opt for a more unconventional animal,  a pair of years will turn even the most basic outfit into a costume.

1. Neon leggings.

From 80’s themed costumes, to highlighter parties, neon leggings are an awesome addition to your costume box. They might look weird if you wear them on a daily basis, but they are totally acceptable for the Halloween season.

1. Sports jersey.

Most of us probably already own one, which makes it that much easier. Being a sports fan for Halloween might not be the most original idea, but it is always an option. Plus. You can add in some fake blood if you want to make it creepy.

I'm Ana Lua. I'm currently a Marketing Management major at Whitman looking into transfering to Acting in VPA. I'm originally from Boston, but I've been moving around the world throughout my entire life to places like Brazil, China and Portugal. I love to travel and all things artsy and cute! I also like to write music and have a youtube beauty channel.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO