Campus Cutie Taylyn Washington-Harmon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Major/ Minor: Magazine Journalism Major in the Fashion and Beauty Communications Milestone; Minor in Women and Gender Studies 

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Involvement on Campus: Secretary of Ed 2010-Syracuse University Chapter, Member of NAN Beta Psi (National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Club), Producer for the Fashion and Beauty Communications Milestone Fashion Show 

Current Mood: Hangry (hungry + angry) 

Relationship Status: Taken 

Favorite Song Right Now: “Borders” by M.I.A. 

Pet Peeve: People that make me repeat myself more than twice. 

Preferred Starbucks Beverage: Iced Peppermint Mocha, Soy, Half Sweet 

Role Model: Oprah. She’s my mother in an alternate universe. 

Celebrity Crush: Michael Bublé. 

Guilty Pleasure: Anime 

Describe Yourself in Three Words: Audrey meets M.I.A. 

Dream Job: CEO of my own media company. 

Favorite Spot on Campus: Unique Tea House on Marshall Street 

Favorite Place in the World: The Art Institute of Chicago because I fell in love with my boyfriend there and it holds a lot of memories for me.What did you enjoy most this semester? I’d have to say getting inducted into NAN. I met a lot of amazing people in it. 

What do you do for fun? I read a lot of nonfiction. I do fashion illustration and watch hair and makeup tutorials on YouTube. 

Hidden Talent: I do cartoon character impressions. 

If you had $1 million, what would you do with it? Invest half in my company and half to women’s mentorship organizations. 

Three things You Never Leave the House Without: Headphones, planner, and lipstick of the day. 

Philosophy to Live By: Take your work seriously, but don’t take your life too seriously.