Campus Cutie: Alex Romeo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Alex Romeo, a Junior Advertising Major who loves to read, is off to Europe this month for a semester abroad. Here at SU, Alex has quite the courseload with not only a demanding major, but also two minors: Marketing and Psychology. Read on to learn more about Alex’s plans for next semester and the future! 

HC: If you could create and/or teach any elective course at SU, what would it be?

Alex: I think it would have to be some sort of class that would discuss the negative impact of our industrialized society in a global context.

HC: Major and practicality aside what is your dream job?

Alex: The head of communications for the World Wildlife Fund.

HC: What is the most valuable thing you have learned so far in college that didn’t come from a professor or a textbook?

Alex: As much as every school emphasizes the importance of achieving high grades and getting a job, they aren’t necessarily the most important things in the world.

HC: Name three things that you can’t live without!

Alex: Sadly, my phone.  Also something to read and coffee. 

HC:You are studying abroad next semester: what are you most looking forward to, and why did you choose London?

Alex: I’m looking forward to simply seeing as much as possible while I’m over there. I’m a pretty big history nerd, so I’m always going to want to go somewhere else and see something new. I chose London because England is an area in Europe that I’ve always really wanted to see. 

HC: Have you been practicing your British accent?

Alex: I probably have the worst British accent in the world (haha)!

HC: What was your favorite course you have taken so far at Syracuse?

Alex: The Age of Hitler and Stalin…Taught by a really great professor, Michael Ebner.