Campus Celeb Will Smart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Major: Film

Year: Sophomore

You just finished a run as Wednesday Addams’ “normal” fiancé Lucas in the First Year Players’ production of The Addams Family. How did it feel to perform in front of a sold-out crowd?

It was really cool. The fact that so many people are appreciating something you and your friends put a ton of work into is really a great feeling. 

When did you get involved in the performing arts?

I used to do local musicals when they needed little kids, like Peter Pan and Annie at a local theater company.

Which family of characters would you say you idenify more with? The kooky Addams or the family-next-door Beinekees?

I’d say Lucas out of all of them because he’s kind of a mix of both. 

Secrets are a pretty relevant theme in the show. Do you have any hidden talents? 

Not really. I can play the piano kind of? (Our sources say he is actually a prodigy. He’s just a modest Chopin.)

How do you balance your interest in the arts and sports? 

Well, now that the show is over, I’ll have more time to do sports.

If you could have anyone come to ‘Cuse for Mayfest, who would it be?

Snoop dogg would be unreal. 

Would you rather live on land or at sea?

Sea!

Spirit animal: Shark.

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say… BEEF STEW?

That kid in the sandlot.

If you saw a pogo stick, “BEAT DUKE” foam finger, and open tree on the quad, you would…

…bounce around, and then climb the tree and wave the finger.

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO