Campus Celeb Jamie Weiss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Tune-In to February’s Syracuse Campus Celeb and CitrusTV star!

Name: Jamie Weiss

Age: 19

Hometown: McKinney, TX

Major(s): Broadcast and Digital Journalism, minor in Information Management and Technology

What are you involved in around campus?

I’m the Internal Philanthropy chair of Alpha Xi Delta sorority, the Weather Girl of CitrusTV News, the host for Juice and Java morning show and Newhouse Student Representative committee.

So you’re the new weather girl for Citrus TV! Congratulations! What time can we expect to see you giving a weather update?

Thank you!!! Tune in to Time Warner Cable Channel 2 (2.1 HD) on Thursdays at 6PM, my updates will be around 6:10-6:15.

How did you get the position as the weather girl? Have you worked for Citrus TV before?

I tried out for weather girl and somehow managed to get it! I’ve been hosting citrus TV’s morning show, Juice and Java, since my second semester freshman year! I’ve worked at Citrus since the beginning of my time at Cuse doing cameras and graphics for the show.

What advice do you have for other driven Newhouse students who want to be given the opportunity to be in front of the camera for CitrusTV or Orange TV?

My advice to any freshman, regardless of their major, is to step out of their comfort zone and try something new! For Citrus TV specifically, come down anytime at 4:30 and people will be so willing to help you move your way up!

What’s a fun fact about yourself or a secret talent you have?

Well, I’m lactose intolerant but I absolutely love Ben and Jerry’s, cheese pizza, and anything else dairy and delicious!

What is your dream job one day?

My dream job is to be a national morning show host on The Today Show or Good Morning America.

What is your favorite memory at Syracuse so far?

My favorite memory so far is getting to spend my first weekend with my new sisters after getting a bid to Alpha Xi Delta and then hosting my first Juice and Java episode with a sister as a guest! Also, meeting my sisters at the Duke game!!

Last question. If you were a cereal, what would you be and why?

I would be Captain Crunch because I can work well alone and with others (Captain Crunch with Berries).

Do you have an Instagram and Twitter so people can follow you?

Yes! I’m @Jamie_Weiss312 on Instagram and @JamieLWeiss on Twitter!