sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Ways to Celebrate Halloweekend Without Going to a Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

Just because you’re not into the traditional party scene this holiday doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate Halloween with just as much passion. Here are a few ways to keep the spooky spirit going.

1. Host a Scary Movie Marathon.

What better way to get in the Halloween mindset than to watch our culture’s most classically kooky characters? These movies are available to stream on Netflix now: Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Scream, Devil, The Addams Family, Silence of the Lambs, The Omen, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Goosebumps

1. Create a no bake Halloween treat in your dorm room.

Try this Fanta Candy Corn Punch and Harvest Hash Trail Mix. Probably not a bad idea to add these snacks to your movie marathon either.

3. Have a Halloween makeup photo shoot.

Even if the makeup only survives 20 minutes, the pictures will last forever.

1. Hit up Fright Nights at the Fair.

This annual event is held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night starting October 2nd through Halloween. Tickets range from $10 to $20 depending on the attractions you and your brave friends pick. Group discounts are available!

1. Carve a pumpkin.

It’s simple, fun, and endlessly creative. Just be sure to consider the scooping out part of the project when picking a size. That portion always seems to slip our minds as we pick the biggest pumpkin in the patch. That said, if you’re up to the challenge: go big and take it home.

1. Paint a pumpkin.

Not in the mood for all the mess? Try this technique instead. You can go super small in size, and use as many colors as your heart’s desire. Come on, who doesn’t love those adorable gourds?

1. Tell campfire stories.

See who can give the best rendition of the classics, and who can think up the scariest ones on the spot.

Taylor Guttesman is a student at the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University.
Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO