20 Signs You’re On The Struggle Bus Towards Adulthood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

1.     You still don’t have your social security number memorized.

2.     You don’t have a checkbook/ don’t know how to write a check.

3.     Your mom still schedules your doctor appointments for you.

4.     You may or may not have gone through the EZ pass lane because you didn’t have enough cash.

5.     It’s a serious inner battle whether to buy a new pair of shoes or pay your parking tickets.

6.     How do you go about paying your parking tickets?

7.     You are in absolute denial that one day you will actually have to pay back your student loans.

8.     You have no idea how to make an insurance claim.

9.     If it wasn’t for your mother you wouldn’t have updated your passport in time for spring break.

10.   You blindly sign any and every contract put in front of you. Who has time for all that fine print?

11.     Your parents still pay your cell phone bill.

12.     You never carry cash.

13.     You still send your parents assignments and applications to proofread.

14.     Your mom sends you your prescriptions in the mail because you have no idea how refills work.

15.     Your dad still gets your car inspected for you and does any maintenance, like oil changes, engine problems and taking it to the carwash.

16.     You still get spoiled on holidays. Hello, Christmas jammies!

17.     What do you mean I have to file for a tax return? I thought the government just sent you a check in April for all of your hard work?

18.     You still have a credit card hooked up to your parents account for “emergencies.”

19. You call home for any and every concern, because your mom is just better at existing than you.

20.     You definitely are not eating well balanced meals.

Let’s face it: adulting is hard. We might be failing, but at least we are failing together.

For some tips on how to adult without being judged for how much you are struggling, check out Quater Life Poetry by Stephanie Paterik.

Here is one of the hysterical and all too relatebale ads released in promotion for her book: https://youtu.be/jVPUnh8weKU

Senior at Syracuse University | Tirelessly curious | Passionate about food & travel | In constant search of the silver lining