Why You Should Watch PiroPito’s Minecraft Let’s Play

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It’s finals season and we’re all super stressed. If you’re looking for something relaxing to watch and turn your brain off for a bit, why not try PiroPito’s Minecraft Let’s Play

“But Minecraft let’s plays stopped being relevant when we were in middle school,” you argue. Wrong! Well, mostly wrong, because PiroPito’s Minecraft let’s play is really the only one that matters. 

PiroPito, known formally as nana825763, is best known as a horror Youtuber. He’s been making videos for about twelve years and is responsible for the classic “Username 666” at 11 million views, but it isn’t actually very good. A better look at this guy’s dedication and creativity when making scary videos is shown in one of his more recent videos, called “My house walk-through.” If you watch it, be sure to watch his making-of video; he literally tears apart a real house to make the video. It’s crazy.

Many people are surprised to find out that the guy who made Username 666 is now making Minecraft videos. In fact, many were wondering if the project would actually turn out to be horror in the end. However, that is not the case. PiroPito started the let’s play as a way to tide his fans over as he worked on his next big horror project. He began the game knowing virtually nothing about it and refuses to use any guides or wikis. I’m pretty sure that PiroPito is the only person on the planet patient enough to play Minecraft blind, and it’s fascinating to see him learn and problem-solve as the series goes on.

Did I mention that it’s all in Japanese? Don’t fret! Piro does his own English subs, which are at times comically inaccurate. If you happen to be interested in the Japanese language, that’s even better, because in his later episodes he includes little Japanese lessons in the subtitles of the video. 

Also, late in the series, he costars with his adorable young nieces, who he allows to build houses everywhere and cause general chaos. 

You should totally watch this soft-spoken, thirty-something Japanese man play Minecraft.

I'm a sophomore Publishing & Editing and Graphic Design double major as well as an editor at and the treasurer of Her Campus Susquehanna. I love to draw, read, and play video games in my free time.
The journey to where I want to be includes writing a lot of words and eating a lot of fries.