Puppy Hand Fun Ring Summer Hapy Original
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

Why “The Incredible Dr. Pol” is an Amazing TV Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

The Incredible Dr. Pol is a show that is on National Geographic. This show follows the life and veterinary practice of Dr. Jan Pol and the veterinarians that work in his clinic, Pol Veterinary Services. This show gives viewers a real-life look at the practice of veterinary medicine for large, small, and exotic animals. This show is available on TV and for streaming on Disney+ and Hulu. It is not currently on Netflix, unfortunately.

I love watching this show because it shows real-life examples of what veterinarians deal with. Some of the episodes are gruesome and disgusting, but that is reality. I believe that this show is perfect for anyone who has any questions or interest in veterinary medicine. The vets on the show are really great at explaining the situations and treatments they are performing so that viewers unfamiliar with the terminology can understand what is going on. Being an advocate for both veterinary medicine and the world of agriculture, I believe that this show is extremely successful in showing the realities of these worlds and how they function together.

There are four main vets that work at Pol Veterinary Services: Dr. Pol, Dr. Brenda, Dr. Emily, and Dr. Elizabeth. Each of these veterinarians allows the viewer to see different approaches to veterinary medicine. Dr. Pol is the main vet who all the others have learned from, but they also are able to grow and learn new tricks during their practice and through their experiences. I believe that this demonstration of how veterinary medicine works gives a great outlook for anyone aspiring to be a veterinarian. For me, Dr. Emily has fueled my fire for veterinary medicine. She is a wonderful vet and she isn’t afraid of much. She shows me that a small, yet strong woman can be extremely successful in veterinary medicine which makes me optimistic about my abilities to perform this job as a future career.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who is even just a little bit curious about veterinary medicine. You may be hooked! I first learned about this show from my high school agriculture class, but now my whole family loves to watch it. There are a lot of veterinary medicine shows out there and all of them are absolutely fantastic, but I think that The Incredible Dr. Pol is the perfect show for those interested in large animal medicine. The happy-go-lucky attitudes of the members of the clinic make this show so interesting to watch and you just learn to love each of the vets and assistants in the clinic. 10/10 an AMAZING show.

Just a college student, with a passion for agriculture dreaming of making a difference.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University