This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

When you think of sororities or fraternities on campus you normally think of film interpretations where people are being hazed or guzzling down gallons of alcohol. If this is what you expect in joining a professional service organization, SAI is not the place for you. This is an organization of the highest caliber of grace and that embodies the true meaning of sisterhood while allowing young lady’s to find themselves in music. We see this in the way they present themselves at events such as the night before finals where they perform holiday songs or in there annual musical with Phi Mu Alpha. Everything is very clean edged and professional, in every sense of the word; however, that doesn’t mean these ladies don’t know how to have fun.                                                                         SAI Sister Mikayla Myers

Things To Note:

1. The SAI house is located right at the beginning of the ave.

2. It is a dry organization.

3. Recruitment happens before the social sororities and fraternities rush. 

4. SAI is a professional woman’s fraternity dedicated to a love of spreading music education.

5. You do not need to be a music major to be a part of SAI’s sisterhood. SAI aims to support hard-working women in various fields of study. 

6. They have an annual event called the Rose Bowl where they play a game of football with the other service organizations for women on campus. It’s a powder puff game where the fraternities come and cheer the women on for support. They also sell shirts and treats prior to and during the event. This is done in an effort to raise money for their philanthropies.

7. This year they will be holding a mismatched musical with Phi Mu Alpha where they will gender bend songs and have a good time.   

Rose Bowl 2017

SAI sister Mikayla Meyers states the following about the upcoming Rose BBowl “I low-key plan to dress as a hotdog this semester and run in a half-time mascot race.” As you can see, SAI allows for people to be there goofy and fun selves in healthy ways. Recruitment for SAI this year was September 16th through the 21st. SAI usually reaches out to any woman who has taken a music course, so if you have look out for an invite in your email or mailbox next fall!   

I am a senior creative writing and theatre performance writer with a minor in vocal performance. I write my own songs and love to perform. I have a love for the fine arts, make-up, and Italian food.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University