Ways to Be More Gracious and Kind to One Another 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, below you will find a list of ways to be more gracious and, as Ellen DeGeneres would say, how to “be kind to one another”! 

1. Tell someone how much they mean to you in person. 

1. Handwrite a thank you note to someone. 

1. Place a sticky note that’ll make someone smile somewhere random. 

1. Call someone who you know is in a tough spot and just listen for as long as they’d like. 

1. Volunteer somewhere in your community. 

1. Pay for the person behind you in line.  

1. Write a positive review for a product online.  

1. Smile at everyone you see, because happiness is contagious! 

1. Give an anonymous donation to an organization that you are passionate about. 

1.  Make a friend their favorite meal or some sweet treats. 

1.  Share an experience with someone you love – like watching a sunset or going for a special walk. 

1.  Give genuine compliments to someone you hardly know (such as a professor, staff member in the dining hall, or a fellow student passing by). 

1.  Leave a large tip (I love doing this with breakfast, since the bill is usually low). 

1.  Send a care package to someone you know could use it. 

1.  Send this list to a few friends! 

For more random acts of kindness ideas, check out this link: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-ideas 

And remember, just because it is Thanksgiving season doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be kind the rest of the year, too! Tweet us @HCSusquehanna telling us what you’re thankful for this year and/or any ideas on how to spread kindness! #hcxo 

Jersey girl who loves The Bachelor, burritos, boybands, and basically anything basic. Member of the Class of 2020 at Susquehanna University studying Stretigic Communications: Advertising and Marketing and Art History.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.