Summer Bucket List Inspo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Summer Bucket List Inspo

It’s barely spring, but my mind is on summer (even though it literally snowed this morning). Here’s a list of all the more or less cliche things I’m currently looking forward to when the weather is warmer.

Farmers Markets

I’ve become more obsessed with outdoor markets and local shops with each coming season, it seems. I visited all of the indoor farmers markets I could find within an hour’s drive over winter break. Now I’m going to map out all of the weekend markets that are in bloom this summer and drag my friends all around PA & NJ every Saturday and Sunday morning.

Making Soap

For no particular reason, the only item I managed on my 2018 New Year’s Resolutions list was to learn to make soap. I just think it will be fun to play with fresh herbs to customize scents. You’re all getting soap for Christmas by the way.

Growing Plants

My best friend has much more of a green thumb than I do, but her excitement over gardening gets me pretty hype on a smaller scale. I’m not ambitious enough to actually dig up dirt and all of that, but I am going to try to grow some herbs (for my soap!), tomatoes, and strawberries in pots.

Hiking

Early morning and late evening hikes are my go to activity with my closest friends from home. We spend hours getting lost wandering trails, living completely in the moment. As long as I’m not eaten alive by mosquitoes, it’s usually a pretty good time.

Bonfires

Do I really need to explain this one?

Summer Camp

Being a camp counselor is the best summer job ever and I will forever stand by that opinion. I get paid decent money to hang out with kids and go on trips to places that aren’t really acceptable for grown-ups to go to by themselves (like Chuck E. Cheese, Sesame Place and the Crayola Factory). Even though there are some rough days, the wildest moments make for the best stories to share when I go back to school in the fall.

Working Out

Believe it or not, I actually really enjoy going to the gym regularly. I barely have the time (or will power, if we’re being honest) to go to the gym on campus. When I’m home, I go to Planet Fitness almost every day for some light cardio and weight lifting.

Long Drives

I love long car rides no matter what season it is, but they seem extra magical when it’s warm enough to roll the windows down even after the sun sets.

Target Trips

This doesn’t directly pertain to summer except that I go to Target much more regularly in the summer because it’s on my way home from the gym.

Beach Days

I’m not a huge fan of the salt water + sand combo, and the murky Atlantic Ocean water is unsettling to me, but I’m still down for going to the beach once (maybe even twice) a summer.

Kayaking

My best friend probably regrets teaching me how to kayak because now I consistently bug her to spend weekends at her family’s mountain house where there isn’t much to do besides kayak on the lake, watch bad horror movies, and play Settlers of Catan with her mom.

Tanner’s Ice Cream

Tanner Bro’s Farm in Richboro, PA sells their homemade ice cream all year round, but since moving to college I have an even stronger constant craving for Tanner’s chocolate milk and peanut butter swirl ice cream.

Emily is a Junior at Susquehanna University where she has a double major in International Studies and Publishing & Editing. She is from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Spring 2019 is Emily's 5th semester as a member of Susquehanna University's Her Campus chapter. She currently serves as Event Coordinator, having previously held the titles of President and Senior Editor.