This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Almost everyone who knows me, knows I love the SU Campus Garden. It’s one of my favorite places to be. We have the most amazing employees, and we have an amazing mission that I’m proud of. As a non-profit, it’s important to us to come up with creative ways to support what we believe in, care for our plants the best way we can, and still make enough money to keep functioning. We do that through our succulent sale!

Pretty much everyone gets super excited when they see our advertisement for the succulent sale. It’s an extremely exciting day at SU and it allows the students to become aware of the garden, support us, and walk away with a little plant friend to keep in their dorm room! The best part? Succulents are like, one of the hardest plants to kill. They thrive on limited amounts of water and can easily be forgotten about.

At the Campus Garden Succulent Sale, we have a bunch of different kinds of succulents you can buy. Our popular ones are small succulents of different varieties in water bottle pots, aloe vera, and jade plants. Students love having the ability to purchase a little bit of green for their room at great prices. In years past we have done a silent auction for an insanely large aloe vera. We are still deciding if we want to do that again this year, but it’s well worth it. Each of our succulents is propagated from succulents we have in the greenhouse and can grow to produce its own line of succulent “children.”

If you’re a student at Susquehanna University and want to come to the succulent sale and support such a wonderful place, please do! The succulent sale will be Thursday, February 13, 2020, from 12 pm to 5 pm. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to buy a cute little plant for your Valentine or even spoil yourself!

If you’re not a student reading this article, but you’re interested in talking all things succulent, I would absolutely love to. Lowes is a great place to get succulents from, albeit a little more expensive than ours. Succulents are relatively easy to care for and I highly recommend them to people interested in having plants but who don’t seem to have a green thumb! Nothing brings you more connected to nature as a college student than helping at your local garden or growing a plant of your own.

Just a college student, with a passion for agriculture dreaming of making a difference.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University