jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

My favorite thing to grab on a chilly morning is a nice warm coffee. As a college student, I have limited options on campus, and an even smaller amount of money. Starbucks is the most loved coffee spot on Susquehanna’s campus, but it truly damages my bank account. When at home, Dunkin is the way to go because of the lower expense and the short drive from my house. Here is my opinion on both of the nation’s favorite coffee places:

Personally, Starbucks is my favorite. Starbucks has so many options and seasonal beverages that make it worthwhile. Alterations to their recipes can be made, and some Starbucks will even let you alter something so much, that it turns into a new drink. How cool is that! The environment of a Starbucks also feels very welcoming.  Even though they have the cutest cups, Starbucks is very expensive. Depending on what I order, my total could come close to $6. As a broke college student, this is not ideal.

Dunkin is cheap. Very cheap. I can get an iced latte for $2 at certain times of the day. Their coffee isn’t super bitter like Starbucks. The only thing that bursts my bubble with their company is that substitutions can rarely be made. I have asked for recipes to be altered many times, and the employees will either roll their eyes, or tell me that it is “not allowed.” They have very little options to begin with, so why not allow alterations? Dunkin has its ups and downs, but for a college student, it is probably the most reasonable coffee shop to go to.

I am not trying to change your opinion on which coffee company you think is the best. In my own opinion, Starbucks is the way to go. As a college student, a budget is your best friend, especially for coffee. :)

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University