Shaneeka Emile: The Introduction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Shaneeka Emile is a first-year student at Susquehanna University majoring in Biology and Business Administration. She spends most of her time studying in her room at Aikens Hall. 

HerCampus: How has your first-year at SU been like so far? 

SE: It’s been fun. I actually wanted to leave after the first semester because I miss my best friend so much! To be honest, after you make friends here, you start to get the hang of things and come to realize that college is about making new friends and build new relationships. 

HC: Are you involved in any extra-curricular activities? 

SE: I am. I just never go. 

HC: Why is that? 

SE: Well, because I’m stuck and have a load of work to do. I have two completely different majors that both need all of my time. 

HC: What do you do on the weekends? 

SE: I like to hang out with friends, order pizza and wings ad catch up on all the shows I’ve missed during the week. 

HC: What’s it like living in Aikens Hall? 

SE: The people are really fun! There’s always something going on, like team building activities so we’re a close group of kids. 

HC: Have you thought about where you’d like to do for your GO (Global Opportunities) program? 

SE: Yeah I have, I really want to go to Ireland. 

HC: That’s really cool. What do you like about Ireland? 

SE: I heard of a really good medical school.

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.