Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: Why Fall is Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

The air is crisp and cool. The leaves are changing color. It must be fall! Growing up in a state that had all four seasons has led me to hold an appreciation for each one. Fall, however, is one of my favorites. I personally dislike hot weather, so fall is a blissful time for me as the persistent heat of summer finally winds down.

This temperature drop also means that it is time to break out one of the best articles of clothing ever: sweaters. This, to me, is one of the greatest parts of fall. There is something special and comforting about being able to wrap yourself up in the soft warmth of a favorite sweater, cardigan, poncho, or sweatshirt. The best part is the multitude of ways that you can wear these during this time period! On warmer days you can pair a sweater with a skirt or shorts. On cooler days you can combine jeans or leggings with a cardigan for a toasty yet put-together look.

Fall is also a time for tasty seasonal drinks! While not everyone is a huge pumpkin spice latte kind of person, you can still appreciate some of the other beverages associated with fall. There’s nothing like a warm mug of apple cider to finish your day, or a spiced chai to start it. This is also the time for caramel mochas and the beginning of the hot cocoa season! Of course, the perfect time to enjoy a fall drink is after a walk out in the brisk air surrounded by gorgeous leaves ranging from the palest yellows to burnt oranges, and bright reds. Luckily Susquehanna has plenty of trees, making this activity extremely easy to do. Paired with a warm drink from Starbucks or Scholarly Grounds while wearing my softest sweaters and cutest boots makes for a pretty perfect day.

To top it all off, there is one irresistible activity that I feel many have forgotten about as we’ve grown older, JUMPING INTO A HUGE PILE OF LEAVES!!! This activity is so underrated. If you’re ever having a stressful day, I would highly recommend giving this a shot. It never fails to make me feel like a little kid again!

Celebrating Halloween is another magical part of the fall. After all, spooky season has begun! What could be better than a night of free candy, mischief, costumes, and fun with your friends? The next time you go to bemoan the end of summer and the start of school, just remember that fall will be there soon, filled with pumpkin spice and all things nice.

“I should infinitely prefer a book...” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University