This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Dear Fellow Fish Friends and Horoscope Hoes,

Welcome to Pisces Party 2019! We have just 15 more days until Aries rams us out of our zodiac zen on March 21st. In honor of our time to shine, here are five of the most common struggles all Pisces can relate to. We definitely have our flaws, but they don’t stop us from being the most loved astrological sign! 

1. Short Attention Span

This is a side effect of having an intense imagination and an above-average capacity for daydreaming. Pisces are often described as living in their own world and tbh I’m not mad about it, but usually non-Pisceans are. This often leads to misplacing objects while in a trance-like state, missing large parts of conversations, and wandering away from people in large open spaces. 

2. Feeling All The Feels

Pisces are stereotyped as overly emotional and highly empathetic people. I can’t say that description doesn’t fit me to an absolute TEA. This isn’t a hard negative but also, crying over not landing on any baby tiles while playing the board game Life reaches a level of ridiculous that I am slightly ashamed of. Only slightly though. Emotional intelligence is something most other astrological signs have to learn with considerable effort, but unfortunately for us, this gift can be exhausting to say the least. Pisces have to train themselves to resist absorbing the emotions they read in the people close to them, and learn to not take body language so personally. 

3. Craving Connection

My theory is that, due to being extra empathetic, Pisces people have a hard time building relationships with people who aren’t as in touch with their emotions. Being able to have deep conversations is a requirement for valued friendships and if a Pisces doesn’t feel like they are forming a spiritual attachment, they will probably begin to float away. Small talk is to be avoided at all costs.

4. Taking On Too Much

Pisces love to help others, which can quickly lead to spreading themselves too thin. Because we are also very idealistic, we tend to continuously tack on additional commitments, believing that we will find the time to accomplish everything. This is one of the biggest challenges of the sign, because having such a full schedule is as overwhelming as it is unrealistic. If you’re friends with a Pisces, try to be their voice of reason the next time they start talking about joining ANOTHER organization or starting a revolution. Pisces need to be reminded that they can’t do everything by themselves and that it is okay to be selfish with your free time. 

5. Inconclusively Introverted

Pisces are internal creatures who thrive on self-reflection, alone time, and quiet contemplation. Sometimes we spend so much time alone that going outside or reaching out to friends seems almost alien. Pisces can be very social but there is a fine line between feeding off others’ excitement and experiencing sensory overload. Pisces are likely to be categorized as ambiverts, neither introverted nor extroverted but falling somewhere in the gray in-between area. This speaks to their mutable nature, especially considering that astrologists see the 12th sign of the zodiac as a combination of traits from the 11 preceding signs. At the end of the day, though, Pisces need to give themselves time to recharge. We’re self-care pros! 

If you aren’t a Pisces, go give your Pisces friend(s) a hug. They probably need one. 

Emily is a Junior at Susquehanna University where she has a double major in International Studies and Publishing & Editing. She is from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Spring 2019 is Emily's 5th semester as a member of Susquehanna University's Her Campus chapter. She currently serves as Event Coordinator, having previously held the titles of President and Senior Editor.