sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Picking the Perfect Halloween Costume

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

When I think about Halloween, I think about looking hot. Not like in Mean Girls where every costume is a bodysuit with a set of bunny, cat, or bear ears, but like in shows like The Vampire Diaries where there are realistically sexy vampires, nurses, and witch costumes. You could dress like a cat, but where’s the fun in that?

There is also the downright terrifying route, like when Caity in Mean Girls dresses up like a zombie bride and freaks everyone out at the party because she loves the full spirit of Halloween. When I was young my grandpa would sneak up on me as I was watching a scary movie with the hockey mask from the Friday the 13th movies. It was delightfully frightful, but scary movies were always our thing. For this reason, I have a special love for Halloween and the picking of the perfect costume.  

There is also the student teacher safe option. You pick a costume that is cute, but kid-friendly. Like Elmo or any Disney character. Think trick or treating and go with something that you might have seen parents dressing up as when you were a kid. That’s the look you want to go for. The options I have laid out for you are as follows.

1. A Work of Art

2. A Shrimp Taco

3. A Monarch Butterfly

4. A Chicken Head

4. A Hot Dog

5. Marilyn Monroe

Most of these options fall under category number three, kid-friendly costumes, but they are also a lot of fun if you’re into comedic Halloween costumes. My personal favorites are Freddy Kruger, Vampires, Michael Myers, Jason, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, Daisy from The Great Gatsby, and Marilyn Monroe. All of which could be terrifying or sexy, but not always kid-friendly.  

I am a senior creative writing and theatre performance writer with a minor in vocal performance. I write my own songs and love to perform. I have a love for the fine arts, make-up, and Italian food.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University