tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

An Open Letter to my Best Friend Who Doesn’t Realize Her Worth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

My Dearest Sunshine,

I wish you could look in the mirror and see what I see. You are stunning. You radiate beauty and light with everything that you do, and that light will never, ever fade. Your eyes shine so bright when you smile and when you laugh. Even when you cry, I still see the beauty in you, and I wish you could too. You are kind to the people you love and are always willing to help out someone in need. Not once have you failed to make me laugh, or to make my bad days better. You help to make my heart whole, even when you don’t feel whole yourself. You may feel right now that you are not enough, but you are, my love. You will always be enough.

I need you to understand how much it means to me when you look me in the eye and listen to what I have to say. You have a heart of gold and you never let anyone feel that they are unworthy. So what kind of friend would I be if I let you believe that you aren’t the sun in this universe; that you don’t bring light into my life every single day. You deserve the world, you are beautiful, you are kind and caring, and most importantly you are loved. Never let anyone make you feel otherwise. Look in the mirror and see what I see; a strong, wonderful human being that is worth knowing, loving, and getting to know. A lifetime will never be a long enough time spent with you. You will always bring out the best in me, and I hope to bring out the confidence in you. You are worth it. You are enough. I love you for all that and so much more.

Love Always,
Your Best Friend

My name is Kelsey and I am a first year marketing major. I have always enjoyed writing, whether it be poetry, personal letters, narratives, or really anything else. I love sharing my story and helping others! I am a strong believer that being kind will take you far in life, and it is always good to bring out the joy in others. "You’re not a victim for sharing your story. You are a survivor setting the world on fire with your truth. And you never know who needs your light, your warmth and raging courage." - Alex Elle