This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

For my last article, I wrote about the importance of salvation. I explained what it is, why it’s important, and how to receive it. (If you haven’t read that article, I highly recommend reading it here, so that you can have a better understanding when reading this article.)

In this world of many religions, beliefs, and false teachings, many people have the wrong ideas about how to gain salvation. In this article, I want to explain the one and only way to be saved and that is through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Who is Jesus Christ?

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the Trinity. They are all God but in different forms. I like to compare the Trinity to the analogy of water. If God is water, then Jesus would be ice, and the Holy Spirit would be water vapor. They are all water but three different forms. God sent his son Jesus into the world to live a perfect life. Jesus is God but was made into human flesh to live on Earth. He had to suffer temptation and persecution and then gave his life so that we could all be made perfect in the eyes of God. 

“I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)

“The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.” (Colossians 1:15)

“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)

“and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.” (Revelation 1:5)

What does Jesus have to do with Salvation?

In order to spend eternity with the Lord, and have salvation, we need to be made perfect. We can’t be made perfect by our own means; we need a savior to wash away our sins. That deliverer is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the one and only one mediator between us and God. God sacrificed Jesus so that he could bridge the gap between the Lord and his children. Jesus is the only one to have overcome death. When Jesus died on the cross, he took on all the sins of the world. His resurrection symbolizes our ability to be born again and made clean because of Jesus. We can’t be saved without Jesus. He is the solitary savior that allows us to have a personal relationship with God as well as permanent life with him in Eternity. We must believe that Jesus is the one who set us free from our transgressions. Without understanding that truth, we can’t be saved.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:16-17)

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” (John 14:6)

“For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.” (John 3:36)

“For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise them up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

Jesus Christ is the one and only way to gain salvation. If you think you have the power to be saved by your own works or good character, then I pray that you open a Bible. The truth of Jesus will be revealed to you through reading his word.

Hi I'm Amanda! I am a Public Relations major at Susquehanna University. My passions include fitness, food, and my faith. My goal is to create content that can influence others in a positive way!
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University