This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

If you were to ask me what my favorite genre of music is, I would say RnB (rhythm and blues) in a split second. Out of all the music I listened to growing up, the only one that truly impacted me, and still remember having a deep love for is RnB. Artists like Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, and Lauren Hill were just a few of my favorites when listening to the radio. Then of course, as the years went by I began watching 106 & Park – a hip hop and RnB music video show that aired every week, from the early 2000’s up until 2014. This TV show exposed me to some of my favorite artists to this day like Jasmine Sullivan, Beyonce, Rihanna. As of two years ago, the already-curated RnB playlists on Spotify have made me grow fond of stellar artists who have such beautiful and soulful voices like H.E.R, Nao, Ella Mai, and Dvsn.

Fast forward to today, I was thankful to come across a particular YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing new artists called COLORS.

Literally, in just a few hours I’ve watched at least 30 videos of new and young artists who stand in the middle of a single-colored room and sing/rap into a mic that sometimes hangs from above. The aesthetic of the videos as a whole is simple, clean and crisp. The colors used for the videos also adds emotion to the artist’s overall presentation which I love.

The entire concept is brilliant. When you watch the videos, it’s almost like you’re in a studio session with them. The best part of it all is that these artists are not just from the US, but from places all over the world like the UK, Africa, and Germany.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll love the variety of vocalists COLORS showcases; they even have bands too! Oh, and if you haven’t noticed they’ve made videos with artists who are now very popular like Daniel Cesar, Billie Eilish, and Aminé. I encourage you to check it out for yourself!

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University