This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

If you are at all familiar with Pokemon, then you most likely have a favorite. Since I have been stressing out a little too much this week in preparation for finals, I decided that this article would just be me going through my favorite Pokemon and explaining why I love them. Also, this is just in time for the big Community Day/Weekend that I’ll be using in order to distract myself from all of my impending assignments.

Eevee

My favorite Pokemon of all time is Eevee. It is the absolute cutest little puppy thing, and it has the potential to turn into literally anything it wants (I know, not really, but suspend your disbelief with me for a moment). I have an Eevee-themed satchel, and my backpack is covered in the Eeveelutions. People usually think it’s weird that I love Eevee more than any of the Eeveelutions; a question I get a lot is “Which Eeveelution is your favorite?” and I have to explain that Eevee is my favorite, not any of those other hoes.

Turtwig

Turtwig is my favorite starter Pokemon, and my main boo, you know what I mean? I love grass types, and the first Pokemon game I ever finished (or at least made my way through all the gyms/the Elite Four) was Pokemon Diamond. I spent hours upon hours with my baby Turtwig, and I delayed his evolution quite a few times because I didn’t want to see my baby grow up.

Shinx

Since Pokemon Diamond was my favorite game, a lot of my favorite Pokemon come from the Sinnoh region. Shinx was another one of those OGs, it was the first Pokemon I actually caught in Diamond, and I really loved watching it evolve into Luxray because Luxray is badass.

Starly

Once again from the Sinnoh region, but for a different reason. In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, which was one of the first Pokemon games I got for my Nintendo DS Lite, I’m pretty sure you have the chance to use a Staraptor to travel around the game. I can vividly remember doing this, and ever since then, Starly has been one of my favorite Pokemon.

All in all, I love Pokemon. Some people say it’s meant for kids, and that as an adult I need more adult interests, but I don’t care. You shouldn’t always listen to the nay-sayers who want you to ‘grow up’. Growing up is scary, and sometimes I need to disappear into a fantasy world with my Pokemon so that I don’t get too scared. Do what makes you happy, people, and good luck with finals if you have any left.

Senior Publishing and Editing and Philosophy double major.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University