My Last College Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

My college career is slowly but surely coming to a close. I graduate in a mere 7 months and the thought is absolutely terrifying. This is my last official summer to be a “kid.” If all goes according to plan, I’ll be living it up in real people adult world next summer with a full-time job and honestly, I’m not ready. I’m fully preparing to make the absolute best of this last summer of “freedom.” To do that, I have some goals, a bucket list if you will. 

Kick Butt at my Internship

The verdict is still out as to what exactly this means, but I’m optimistic that whatever needs to be done to kick ass will get done. Hopefully, by the end of summer working with an indie author, I’ll know what jobs I want to look for when I graduate in December too.

Concerts

Already I have plans to see Florida Georgia Line, and if I can help it, the Jonas Brothers will be my last hurrah before returning to campus in the fall. I’ve loved live music since middle school and college has really restricted my concert going habits. This summer will be a great time to dust off my concert-going personality and get back at it. 

Amusement Parks

I live 45 minutes from Hershey Park and honestly, there are no excuses. Roller coasters are a summertime must.

Actually Go to the Gym

I’ve been telling myself I’d get around to this for the past 2 years since I stopped going consistently, but this summer I’m going to pull the trigger and buy a summertime membership with my favorite gym buddy. Not only would I love to look my best at the beach in August, but my body is kind of demanding it with all of my health problems.

A Quality Family Vacation

There’s so much uncertainty that comes with graduating college. I have no idea where I’ll be at this time next year. I could be counting pennies in a new city, moving in with my best friends, or sitting pretty on my mama’s couch while working part-time serving fries. It’s impossible to say if I’ll have the opportunity to run off to the beach (all expenses paid by my parents) ever again. I’m going to make this vacation count.

Make as Much Money as Humanly Possible

I won’t be the first to say that my part-time summer job pays way less than my coworkers and I deserve, but I’ll definitely say it. With my unpaid internship taking up 10+ hours a week, I’m going to be counting my pennies and serving fries at every available moment.

Who knows how this summer will actually turn out, but I’m hopeful it’s going to be a great one. 

The journey to where I want to be includes writing a lot of words and eating a lot of fries.