This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I am not a huge fan of scary things though I continue to participate. Pumpkins and candy are the best things about this season! Here are some of my favorite parts of Halloween:

Craving Pumpkins 

When I was younger, carving pumpkins used to make me sick. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to smells, so when we would cut the pumpkin open, I would get nauseous. I got so sick to the point where my mom had to pin my nose closed so I wouldn’t vomit! The smell isn’t even that bad. I carved pumpkins the other day with my boyfriend and had no problem. My mother would be so proud! It was our first-time using stencils, and they came out fairly well! We stenciled minions on the pumpkins, and let me tell you, they are adorable!

Going Trick or Treating

When I was younger, I used to love trick-or-treating. I saw a Facebook post the other day about living in the northeast and having to wear a long sleeve shirt under the costume when all you wanted was to be a flirty genie at 9 years old. THAT WAS ME. I thought I was the cutest thing in the world until it snowed around Halloween one year and my mother made me wear snow boots… but my costume was still cute! I remember running around through the developments with the big houses for the king-sized candy bars. Please tell me I’m not the only one!

Going to a Scary Event

Scary things and I do not get along. I mean, I do watch horror movies with my friends, but if you ask any of them, I scream at the smallest jump scares. I used to go to Dorney Park Haunt when the pandemic wasn’t a thing, and that was so scary for me. Some people think it’s not scary even though the costumes are so realistic. Even though I don’t like it, I still try it! There are so many haunted houses to go to that follow the pandemic guidelines! If you’re into scary things, check them out!

Eating Candy

Halloween candy is the best kind of candy. There is something about the big bags of assorted candy that makes them so much better than regular single candy bars. Enjoy every last piece! Celebrate the season and open a king-sized candy bar. I think we all deserve it after this year…

Pumpkins, candy, and horror are what make up Halloween for me. Even though I am not dressing up this year, I am so excited to celebrate! Happy Spooky Season!

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University