neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Last week I wrote an article about how millennial woman feel about dating on campus in today’s society. Reading it over I began to wonder how our male counterparts feel about the subject. With mid-terms this week, schedules were pretty hectic, yet I managed to snag an interview from a guy. Here’s what he said: 

Q: What’s your dating life like? 

Great, but tragic. I don’t want to go into too much detail but I’m in love but cant be with the person I want. Its sucks when you want someone but have to find temporary relationships and flings to hold you over. Its emotionally draining to open up to people when its not really what you want to do. 

Q: What have your experiences with dating been like in the past? 

Draining, stressful but beautiful. My dating track record is very short ranged because I don’t choose to date lightly but its all worth it. 

Q: What are some of the main challenges you think millennials face when it comes to dating? 

The internet makes things a lot harder. People are very different on the internet and it causes a disconnect when you have distance. Most of us are in school or graduating and that means we most likely will be away from our lovers. Our primary means of communicating is through the internet. 

Q: How do you think social media factors into this? What do you think about Tinder? 

Tinder is cool if you like that kind of thing. Quick hookups are cool because everybody’s on the same page, nobody ends up heart broken from tinder. 

Q: How would you describe the dating scene at SU? 

I wouldn’t because I don’t know much about it. I Cant date someone when I clearly want someone else so I haven’t jumped into it or looked into it. 

Q: Do you have hope for your dating life? 

Yes. I know that things will fall into place when I graduate, for now im doing me and bettering myself.

Hanifah Jones is a Junior Communications Major with a minor in Studio Art currently studying abroad in Cape Town, South Africa.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.