Style > Beauty

Love AnyBody: A Body Positive Self-Care Brand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Youtuber, influencer, lover of paranormal stories, and body positivity activist Loey Lane launched her “self-care” skincare brand Love AnyBody on April 5th, 2019. 

Loey has been a pioneer of body positivity, openly discussing her struggles with body image, mental health, and physical fitness on her Youtube channel since 2013. She posts vlogs, plus size outfit lookbooks, and makeup tutorials. Although she has collaborated with brands like Society Plus and Charming Charlie in the past, Love AnyBody is the first brand she has started herself.

True to her platform, Loey has launched products that were developed for the plus size community, which is often ignored by large corporations. That is not to say, however, that people of any size can not use these initial products. “We’re making it OK to pamper and protect yourself from concerns we ALL deal with—no matter your body type—like chafing and uncomfortable stretch marks, so you can be the ultimate #BODYBOSS!”

When major lifestyle brands do market larger bodied people, they often use language that shames plus sized individuals. Stretch mark creams are usually intended to lighten their appearance, and cellulite creams perpetuate problematic beauty ideals. People of any size can have stretch marks, cellulite, or experience chafing, so promoting the association of these normal issues with being fat or unhealthy is misplaced and harmful especially to children. 

Loey’s promotional images on Love AnyBody’s Instagram celebrate the diversity she embraces in her brand’s mission. “Beauty does not come in one size, one standard, one gender, or one color. It is a reflection of confidence, grown from within, and we’re here to remind you that you are beautiful, and you belong in our crew. You in?” 

The product line currently includes a stretch mark cream, a stretch mark serum, an anti-chafe ointment and an anti-chafe stick. They are all unscented and dermatologist approved with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, jojoba oil, and cocoa seed butter and aloe vera to “hydrate, heal, and protect.” The stretch mark cream and serum are $8.99 each and the anti-chafe ointment and stick are both $7.99 in-store or online at Target or from Love AnyBody’s website.

Emily is a Junior at Susquehanna University where she has a double major in International Studies and Publishing & Editing. She is from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Spring 2019 is Emily's 5th semester as a member of Susquehanna University's Her Campus chapter. She currently serves as Event Coordinator, having previously held the titles of President and Senior Editor.