This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Dear Best Friend, 

Without your friendship, support, and love, I firmly believe I would not be where I am today. Not unlike many girls, I went through a couple of months in high school when I felt completely lost and had no one to turn to. But then, on July 9th, 2017, I met you. Fate brought us both to Susquehanna for the Writer’s Workshop, where we ended up bonding over fierce matches of Bananagrams and a love for Lizzie McGuire.   

You are my other half, you are somehow the same yet polar opposite person as me. You are my cheerleader in moments of stress and aren’t afraid to call me out when I need clarity. You make me laugh until we both look like we just watched A Star is Born (don’t think about Jack in the garage… just don’t do it). You tell me when my outfit is channeling too many “mom vibes”, and when a shirt just really isn’t my color.   

Someday we’ll be Maids of Honor at each other’s weddings. We’ll wipe each other’s tears and hold each other’s dresses up when we have to pee. Someday we’ll be the godmothers to each other’s kids. You’ll be the cool aunt who buys them designer brands and I’ll be the cool aunt who buys them Harry Potter.   

I could go through countless reasons why you are one of the most important people in my life, but then this article would be too long for even you to read.   

I only hope that everything I just said, you feel the same about me. I know that I strive to be as good of a friend to you as you are to me every day because I don’t even want to imagine my life without you.   

With a best friend like you, I never have to worry that I won’t have a shoulder to cry on.   

With a best friend like you, I never feel alone.   

Your Best Friend 

Anna Leeds

Susqu '23

My name is Anna Leeds, I am a Publishing and Editing major at Susquehanna University.