This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

I am almost positive everyone can vividly remember screaming Taylor Swift songs, at the top of their lungs, at a sleepover with their friends during elementary or middle school. Whenever I hear an old Taylor Swift song, I immediately get a sense of nostalgia, and it seems to bring me back to first grade. So, when I heard that she had re-released “Love Story” just a few days ago, I could not be more excited.

On February 10th, Taylor announced she would be re-recording her first album “Fearless” and releasing it on April 9th, 2021, with an additional six songs that did not originally make the cut. Along with “Fearless”, she is also recreating her first six albums! There has been some speculation as to why, but Taylor hinted that she mainly wanted to recreate it for herself and her fans. Taylor’s ending comments about the upcoming album “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)” stated, “I hope you’ll like this first outing as much as I liked traveling back in time to recreate it… Sincerely and fearlessly, Taylor”.

While listening to “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)” for the first time, I felt like a younger version of myself and wanted to get up, and belt the lyrics. The newer version bears similarities to the original, however it definitely has a softer and gentler feel to it. Comparatively, the second verse also has a few different beats, when compared to the first, and the backtrack sounds almost identical.

This song has been on repeat for the past hour and honestly, I have no shame. I can’t wait to hear the rest of her album, and hope that it brings the same sense of “traveling back in time” just like “Love Story”.  

Hey! I'm Nicole and I'm a sophomore Biochemistry and Sociology Major with a Women and Gender Studies Minor at Susquehanna University. When I'm not writing articles for HerCampus or in a science lab, you can catch me with friends, going to Dunkin, or cuddling up with my dog.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University