Inexpensive Ways to Spend Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Attention all SU students, Spring Break is just around the corner! What are your plans for a week long break from school, cub meetings, and work study? No idea, well you’ve come to the right place.

As college students, we always claim to be broke, but when we’re presented with something fun to do we manage to gather up all the change we have laying around the floor to pay for it. Luckily, Spring Break doesn’t mean leaving the country and spending $500 a night at some fancy resort. There’s a wide range of activities you and your friends can look into that for the most part wont burn a hole in your pockets.

1. Plan a Road Trip – What can be any more fun than getting in a car with friends and traveling to different states and cities across the country without any set schedule.

2. Visit your local museum – Who says you have to travel out of town to find something interesting to do? Looking at art and learning about its history can be fun too!

3. Go swimming – If you live in the east coast swimming may not be up to par – but that’s why there are indoor pools.

4. Plan a cute Picnic – Take advantage of the random warm temperatures popping up on your weather forecast. Round up some of your favorite snacks, a bottle of apple cider or wine (if 21 or older) and sit at a park. Whether you like to have a solo or a group picnic with your best friend is completely up to you.

5. Get Physical! – Go to the gym, go on a run, or take a hike and always remember to stay alert.

6. Sleep – We all complain about being tired and not getting the hours of sleep during school, so hop into to bed regain all those hours you lost.

7. Try a new restaurant – Food is the way to a girl’s heart so go ahead, treat yourself and enjoy it.

8. Binge watch – We can all agree that we’ve missed episodes of our favorite TV shows. Spring Break is the time to catch up on everything you missed.

With these few suggestions you can make the best out your time away from school, remember its only 10 days long. Have fun!

Photo by Thomas Lefebvre

https://unsplash.com/collections/562753/spring-break-destinations-miami

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.