Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Ideas for Celebrating Valentine’s Day with Your Long Distance Partner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Since many holidays are about spending time with your loved ones, they can be pretty rough for people in long distance relationships. Valentine’s Day is no exception to this— especially since every couple you see will be going on cute dates and exchanging chocolates and flowers. 

If you can’t physically be with your significant other on February 14th, there are still some things you can do to spend time with or feel closer to them even if you’re thousands of miles apart:

1. Send a care package

I’ve never tried this myself, but it’s one of my goals to do so this year! A care package can be anything you want, it just has to have stuff in it that would make your SO happy. Sometimes they have themes. For example, a winter-themed care package might have a warm scarf and hot chocolate inside of it. For a Valentine’s Day themed care package you could send chocolates, cute little notes, pictures of the two of you, or anything else you might like to send as a gift.

2. Try a new game together

My SO and I have been playing more games online and honestly it’s been a lot of fun! One game we like to play is Stardew Valley, which is a really simple and charming farm simulator. This game is beloved by many couples because it allows you to collaborate together and make a cute little farm. The multiplayer version of the game is on PC and Nintendo Switch. What games you might like to check out really depends on your individual tastes, and there are many available on each console. There’s also the option of playing free puzzle, card, and word games on pogo.com, which has its own category for multiplayer games.

3. Watch something cool together

We always overlook this one because we’re really lazy and don’t have the attention span to watch anything longer than 15 minutes, but watching stuff together is a great way to spend quality time. Sites like togethertube.com and rabb.it make it super easy to stream movies, shows, or Youtube videos and watch them together. Maybe you have a certain romantic movie in mind, or maybe you could watch something from your go-to Youtube channel. Anything’s fine, as long as it makes the two of you happy.

I'm a sophomore Publishing & Editing and Graphic Design double major as well as an editor at and the treasurer of Her Campus Susquehanna. I love to draw, read, and play video games in my free time.