I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Peaches and Cream!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Too Faced recently added a new spin to their popular Sweet Peach palette with the launch their new Peaches and Cream collection. All of the products in this collection feature their new Comfort Matte Technology™ and are infused with peaches and sweet fig cream. Not only does this make everything from the collection smell heavenly, but it also makes them super easy to apply! 

I’ve had my eye on Too Faced for a while now – their gorgeous packaging designs and collection concepts have always caught my attention, but I’ve been able to restrain myself from splurging… until now! Their Peaches and Cream collection was screaming my name and finally caving has led to the best purchasing decision I’ve made in my life so far. Keep reading for pictures, a mini tutorial, and my thoughts on the Just Peachy Mattes eyeshadow palette and the Peach Kiss lipsticks from this collection! (This article was not sponsored by Too Faced, or anyone else for that matter.) 

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

If you’re as enchanted by the sunset eyeshadow/warm-toned makeup trend as I am then you should really consider purchasing this palette. I still feel like I haven’t even begun to explore the versatility of these eyeshadows and the looks they can create.  

I haven’t bought any Too Faced palettes in the past because I try not to buy palettes unless I can imagine myself using each color regularly. The Just Peachy Mattes palette has everything you need to create gorgeous looks from earthy neutrals to bolder mauves and burgundies you’re going to want to dip your brushes into. 

Another reason I’ve hesitated to buy Too Faced products is because I wasn’t sure if the scents would give me headaches. Instead of overwhelming your senses, these products smell so delicious that you’ll dream about fresh baked peach pies every night after wearing them on your face all day. I also have a theory that the peach and sweet fig cream infusions might be why these eyeshadows are ridiculously soft and easy to blend. 

These eyeshadows are perfect for makeup lovers of any skill level. They aren’t too pigmented, so you won’t have to worry about having to start over. However, I still recommend that you begin with a light hand and build the pigment as you go.  

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

As I said before, the only looks I’ve created so far with this palette have been relatively subtle. I definitely plan on playing around more with shades like Peach Sangria (a gorgeous magenta & also the only shimmery shade in the palette!) and Peach Punch (the hottest pink shade.) For now, I thought I’d share a quick description of one of the everyday looks that’s become my go-to.  

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

To create this eyeshadow look, I start by covering my lids with Peach Butter. It’s very close to my skin tone but I do this so that the colors I add on top will blend out better. Next, I tap a fluffy eyeshadow brush into Peach Cobbler and use a windshield-wiper motion in the crease of my eyelid, blending down onto the outer 3rd of my upper lash line and then lightly sweeping just above my crease using whatever powder is left on the brush. Now, I go in with a smaller brush to concentrate a mix of Just Ripe and Peach tart in the outer corner of my eyelid from the crease down. I usually repeat once or twice and then add even more Just Ripe to the same area. I also use Just Ripe with a flat liner brush to line the outer 2/3rds of my upper and lower lash line. For a bolder look, I’ll use Peach Sangria just on my lower lash line for a pop of color! Finally, I like to add a combination of Peach Tea and Just Peachy sweeping from the inner corner of my eyelid across to blend into the darker shades on my outer corner. I also use the same combination to lightly buff over my entire lid to browbone area to blend all the shadows together.  

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

I have a history of only using liquid lipsticks because to my younger self they seemed to be the updated version of lip products, pushing twist-up lipstick tubes into the category of “things I can’t believe my mom still uses.” However, the Peach Kiss lipsticks of this collection have fully converted me back to traditional lipsticks.  

First of all, can we talk about how stinking adorable the peach imprints are? Their cream and gold packaging is so beautiful that I become giddy every time I reach for one of them. They are a nice heavy weight which just adds to how fancy they look.  

The square tip makes lining your lips a breeze. Applying lipstick always takes me a few minutes to get the edges straight and I refuse to add another step to my routine by actually using a lipliner first. With the Peach Kiss lipsticks, it takes me less than a minute and just a few swipes to get a full coverage lip. I recommend holding the lipstick at a 45˚ angle to use just the square edge to line your cupid’s bow and the bottom of your lower lip. Then, flip the lipstick around and use the flat side to fill in.  

The shades I bought were Got Peach? and Stop Traffic. Got Peach? has become my new every day favorite. I’m not even a wears-lipstick-every-day kind of person but lately I reach for it even on my no-makeup days. Both these shades are perfect for Fall and have looked great with all of the different eyeshadow looks I’ve tried so far. 

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

The lipsticks are not true mattes, instead they have a finish that is somewhere between satin and matte. In my opinion, this is a more flattering finish and is better for your lips because it won’t dry them out as much! My favorite part about these lipsticks is that they wear down nicely. Here are photos of what the lipsticks look like after most of the lipstick on my lips had rubbed off from eating and drinking throughout the day.  

(Photo by Emily Hopf) 

Emily is a Junior at Susquehanna University where she has a double major in International Studies and Publishing & Editing. She is from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Spring 2019 is Emily's 5th semester as a member of Susquehanna University's Her Campus chapter. She currently serves as Event Coordinator, having previously held the titles of President and Senior Editor.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.