This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It is the middle of football season. Some of our favorite teams have losing records… but others are #WINNING. I think my favorite conversation to have with people is who my favorite football team is. I’ll ask them who their favorite is, and with all the hype, they will tell me. And then, like most conversations, they will say, “What’s yours?” And then they give me the look of disappoint when I say, “The New England Patriots.” THAT’S RIGHT PEOPLE. I am a PATRIOTS fan. You know that team that is 8-1? YEP THAT’S THE ONE. 

I promise I’m not a bandwagon, to all the people that will roll their eyes reading this article. Yes, I just called you out, what’s up with it? Anyway, when I was 6 years old, I was a little flag football cheerleader (not surprising to most) for the Blue Valley Patriots. This sparked my liking for the actual NFL team. So how could you really tell me that I’m wrong after that adorable story. That’s right, you can’t.  

When I tell you that I get a lot of hate for this, it’s kind of wild. My favorite comebacks are “they are cheaters” or someone will give me the score of a game where their favorite team beat the patriots… from years ago. It’s 2019 people! Let’s focus on this season because, like most other years, we are clearly #WINNING. Go RED, WHITE, and BLUE! 

As some people know, I have been in a new relationship since over the summer… with an Eagles fan. Yikes. Don’t get me wrong, he is an amazing person and I love him dearly, but I am sure that some words will be shared this Sunday (11/17) when the Patriots play the Eagles for the first time since the 2017 Superbowl. I am truly hoping that the patriots pull through, or I will never hear the end of it. Ever.  

To all my football fans, please do not get discouraged about your team. Everyone wins, and everyone loses. Don’t have the fear of playing the Patriots because maybe your team will beat them one day… that day being the slight chance of next season.  

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University