This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

For the past two weeks I’ve going been working non-stop on regular class work, group projects and research papers. If you needed to get a hold of me during that time, I would most likely be in the library doing what I had to get a passing grade in all my classes. Usually when I am working in the library I like to plug in my earphones and listen to my favorite playlists on Spotify. However, one can only listen to the same 50+ songs so many times. During one of my long study nights at the library I remember being frustrated and tired over the music I’ve been listening to for 5 hours straight. Rarely do I ever feel such a way since there’s nothing I love more than RnB and rap music. So to find someone new to listen to I recall going on my Instagram’s explore page and coming across a picture of Billie Eilish. Billie had blue colored hair and was wearing the most print heavy shorts suit that I’ve ever seen. Her picture gave me a sense of style and sadness at the same time. Her overall look was intriguing, so I decided to explore her public account. 

Within minutes, I knew she was some sort of musical artist, most likely in the rap or pop rock genre. After looking her up on YouTube, I was surprised to see that this 16-year-old has the voice of an angel, and according to her online interviews, she’s very down to earth and funny! Being completely honest, when you first see her or any of her music videos her look and artistic expression is one that can’t compare, its so different which is what I love about her.

I would consider her style of music as alternative pop. She definitely doesn’t sound like anyone I’ve heard before. Her music is so relaxing that it was the perfect music to help with my studying. Now, that I’m a huge fan, I listen to Billie all day no matter what I’m doing. 

Please, do me a favor and have a listen of her music yourself if you haven’t already. She’s awesome! 

Veneranda Bautista is a student at Susquehanna University in small town Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While being an Advertising/Marketing and Spanish double major she finds time to reflect on life, go to the gym, and stay up to date with celebrity news. Born and raised in Brooklyn and daughter of Dominican immigrants have definitely played a pivotal role in the ambitious person she is today. To gain a better taste of who she is personally, make sure to follow her on Instagram: @veny_bau.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University