This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

It’s November, and here in Pennsylvania, we’ve reached below freezing temperatures this week. And it only gets colder for winter. If you are like me, you hate the cold. Walking to class is unbearable. The chilling wind makes it harder to dress well and still look nice.

I have a few ideas on how to buddle up and look cute doing it.

It sounds ridiculous, but I wear layers upon layers. They don’t call it sweater weather for nothing. Put on a tank top, throw a tee-shirt over that, and a cute sweater, long-sleeve shirt, or crewneck as the outer layer. Your stylish long winter coat does wonders for going outside, too.

Tight pants or leggings underneath a pair of jeans can help your body stay cozy and warm. Thick socks work to keep your ankles and feet warm. I keep my hair down in winter, and it covers my neck and ears to keep some heat around those areas.

There’s not really ‘clothing’ that can go on the face to stay warm. A quick trick of mine is to put moisturizer on my face because it traps heat while simultaneously protecting your skin from the elements. You can also just bury your face into a scarf or jacket.

Be sure to dress accordingly to your area and try not to catch a cold!

Kara Boub is a first year student at Susquehanna University, with a major in creative writing. She loves spending her free time (if any) reading and watching YouTube videos.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University