This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

This year has shown many of us the darkest sides of what the world has to offer. Despite all of this, I am grateful for the opportunities I have had over the past few months.

Firstly, I am so grateful to have been able to set foot back on campus again. Though things look much different here, and classes have been running in a multitude of ways, I could not be happier. This campus is my second home and without it I don’t know what I would do. Susquehanna has handled this year’s obstacles with the utmost regard and respect for its students. Being here has brought light to my year where I thought there wouldn’t be any at all.

Second, whilst being here I have been able to continue working at my on-campus job at the Blough-Weis Library and was promoted to manager! Without having the allowance of being on campus, I would not have been able to see my co-workers or get the advancement in my position that I have been waiting for.

I have also been accepted into another club on campus, which is the Student Activities Committee. This has been such an amazing experience that I am so grateful for having the chance to become a part of. This group of students has brought a sense of normalcy onto campus by hosting events and playing a vital role in keeping the community together. I am glad I am able to be a part of what they do.

Furthermore, The Quill (our student run newspaper) promoted me to opinion section editor. Without having the chance to reconvene on campus and hear the thoughts and opinions of students and staff, I am not sure where we would be as far as content. We also chose to have a strictly online format this year which has made for much more viewers and engagement with our club! I am so grateful to be a part of this organization and I am so thrilled to have seen how far we have come.

Like I said before, this year has been rough, but there are so many things to be grateful for, and the opportunities I have been given is the thing I would like to recognize most. I thank all of my professors, staff, managers, friends, family, and whoever else I work with daily that have made all of this possible. Not just for me, but for the Susquehanna community as a whole. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, and I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Junior at Susquehanna University Journalism/Photography President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Susqu Class of 2022
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University