This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

As summer comes to an end, and we start to get ready for fall, we all know that the bitterness of winter is soon to follow. We start to pull out our hats and scarves, along with our little booties and our Uggs. I know one thing that comes out for me as well. LIP BALM. Like a lot of people, I have my car lip balm, my purse lip balm, one for my room, and my book bag. Chapped lips are so overrated and hurt once they start to crack and bleed. Here are some of my favorite lip balms that you can find in stores near you!

SUGAR $26.00 From Sephora

First, we have SUGAR. This lip balm is one of my all-time favorites, except it’s on the pricier side. This lip balm smells like citrus and does not leave your lips feeling sticky. It goes on smooth and really helps to protect your lips!

Chapstick $1.29 From Rite Aid

Next, one that nearly everyone has used in their life before, is Chapstick. Personally, my favorite is the cherry. It smells good, leaves a tiny bit of color on your lips, and it’s cheap!

EOS $3.29 From Target

In 2006, the EOS egg made its debut. I have multiple eggs, and as stated, they are the lip balms that I keep in my bags, car, etc. The small balm-filled eggs smell nice, they go on smooth, and are relatively cheap. You can find them in any drug store or supermarket!

Chapstick Total Hydrations $2.99 From Target

Sometimes, in certain stores, Chapstick Total Hydrations go on sale for super cheap. At regular retail price, they cost about $3.00. I love these because the name is exactly what you get when using this product. Hydration. They leave no residue, they all smell great, and they don’t usually melt when placed in a hot environment. Over the summer, I had one in my car and it stayed solid through all of those sweltering days!

Unlike most people, I’m very excited to start the winter. I can’t wait to wear my sweaters and drink lattes. But most importantly, I can’t wait to buy more lip balm!

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I am a psychology major at Susquehanna University.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University