Life > Experiences

Fun Ways to Stay Close with Friends During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

I know that during quarantine it’s hard to stay in touch with friends. Of course you can text, snap and call them, but here are some more creative ways to stay in touch with your friends while you’re stuck at home.

Netflix Party

This is a fun app that allows you to connect with friends whether your down the street or states away. Netflix will synchronize your laptops together so you can all watch movies at the same time. There’s even a chat room to talk about what your watching with your friends!

Work out together 

If you’re anything like me, you’ve been sitting on the couch for most of break, and I bet your friends have been too! A great way to keep in contact with them is to become work out buddies. This way you guys still have something to do togther and it’s healthy.

Do your hair together

I, for one, am always looking on pinterest for cute new hairstyles, but the thing is I never try them out. A good way to stay close and have a laugh with your friends is to pick out a new hairstyle together and try it. You can send before and after photos of your hair to each other, too!

Read a book

I’m pretty sure that, with being stuck in the house, everyone has a lot of free time. Why not use it to read a book? Your friends and you can all buy the same book online and read it together and then facetime like your in a bookclub. :)

Photo roulette 

Miss goofying around with your friends? Well, embarrasing takes a whole new level with this game. This app will pick a random photo from one of your friends phone and everyone has to guess whose photo it is; the person to get the most right wins. The best part is you can play with your friends even if they’re far away.

I hope that you and your friends enjoy these fun ways to stay connected while staying in! :)

I’m Allison, or most commonly known as Ally Doran. I’m from Ct, but I go to school in Pa. A couple quick facts you should know about me are that I have done kyokushin karate for over a decade and that I always put family first!