Escape To The Land Down Under: White Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

White Night is an all-night festive held in Melbourne. It’s held to showcase local and international craftsmanship and innovation. I had the honor of attending this year, and it was magnificent! I started the day at 12 pm by traveling down to the city, which is about an hour train ride from La Trobe. We explored a bit of the city, visited a couple of laneways filled with graffiti, we also visit the National Gallery of Victoria.

7 pm was the start of the 12 hour event. We started at Carltons Gardens, beautiful projections were on the Melbourne museum.

Then we made our way to Snowlane, where Melbourne let it snow in the middle of summer.

Fashion city was the next stop, where there was a fashion show right in the middle of the street.

LA Terra Al Centro Deli’ Universe, lead us to the center of the universe.

Last and most anticipated attraction was the dog park. Where neon silhouette of dogs were lit up around the park.

Safe to say, White Night was lit.

I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University