This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

INFPs (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving) are considered to be the “mediators” or “creative seekers” within the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types. While I can’t speak for everyone with the same personality type as me, I’m fairly confident we can all agree on where we want to direct our energy, and how we like to spend our time.

1. We Crave Relationships with Deep Connections

Rather than having surface-level conversations, we would rather talk about deeper topics such as our dreams, philosophical ideas, and what inspires us. At the end of the day, we want to know that we have meaningful friendships where we understand each other on a more personal level. Because of this, our circle tends to be a little smaller, and we stick to our closest friends instead of branching out.

2. We Feel Things Deeply

While we can be sensitive, this is not always a bad thing. We typically are deeply passionate, and we take these passions to heart. Similarly, we also feel emotions strongly, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the context of a situation.

3. We Need Alone Time to Recharge

Despite how we like to be around people who engage in meaningful conversations, we are still introverts. This means social events can drain us instead of recharging us, so we may need a day or two to be alone and “recover” if we are around people for too long. Personally, I don’t think there is anything wrong with this. It is not a problem for me if I stay in for the night, and watch TV by myself, because that is how I engage in self-care.

4. We Have a Creative Side

We have a special appreciation for creativity and art. Other than admiring visual art pieces, we also enjoy reading poetry, music, theatre, and learning how others express themselves. On top of this, we also enjoy making art, too.

Hey! I'm Nicole and I'm a sophomore Biochemistry and Sociology Major with a Women and Gender Studies Minor at Susquehanna University. When I'm not writing articles for HerCampus or in a science lab, you can catch me with friends, going to Dunkin, or cuddling up with my dog.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University