This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Her Campus Susquehanna will be holding a bake sale fundraiser next Wednesday, September 18, to raise money for She’s the First, a nonprofit organization that fights for girls’ rights to education.

This fundraiser is being held as part of the nonprofit’s #BakeAChange fundraiser, in which activists across the world host cupcake bake sales to raise money for the nonprofit and support its mission. The two-week-long annual event has raised $250,000 since it began. Participation in the #BakeAChange fundraiser has become a Her Campus national tradition, and this year Her Campus Susquehanna will be joining in for the very first time!

She’s the First was founded in 2009, and has been on an important mission ever since— to put girls’ futures in their own hands. The nonprofit accomplishes this mainly by fighting gender inequality in education and working to give girls platforms where their voices can be heard. She’s the First cites 7,200 girls in developing countries that have been equipped with educations as a result of the nonprofit’s work. Their website is full of individual success stories in which a girl was able to achieve her dreams as a result of the education she received. In addition, She’s the First has 200 chapters on college campuses and high schools throughout the world.

Our fundraiser will be held in Lower Degenstein Campus center from 11 A.M. to 3 P.M. Be sure to stop by, take a bite, and help us raise money to support girls’ rights to education! We hope to see you there!

I'm a sophomore Publishing & Editing and Graphic Design double major as well as an editor at and the treasurer of Her Campus Susquehanna. I love to draw, read, and play video games in my free time.
Senior Publishing and Editing and Philosophy double major.