nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

Best Scents for your Wax Burner to Help you Relax

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

We all know candles aren’t allowed on most campuses but wax melters don’t have an open flame. LOOPHOLE! For those of us who love candles for the soft lighting and the smell. I grew up with candles and wax melters at my house and missed them so much when I went to college. Last year, my roommate had a wax melter and this year, now that I have a single I decided to get one, too. It’s really cute and really zen. It is kind of a bronze-like metal with a white shade and triangular simple decoration. I turn it on whenever I need to relax.  Here are some scents that I’ve found to help me focus and relax.

1. Candied Apple/ Carmel Apple

I love fall scents. Apple scents are both crisp and sweet. The crispness really stimulates the mind and the sweetness relaxes the mind and body. It’s cozy and comfortable. This is the perfect choice for doing readings for class, especially if you have to read chapters instead of pages.

2. Forest Pine

It’s a bit of a strong scent and totally not for everyone because of the strength, but it’s a really sharp smell. If you really want to focus and not be distracted, this scent really forces you to focus. It’s very dominant and intense. This will help you stay awake and present while doing math or science assignments.

3. Warm Vanilla/ French Vanilla

This is a scent you can kind of get familiar with. It’s like a trusted friend in a way. It’s my go-to scent when anything else is super distracting. It’s warm and subtle. It doesn’t overwhelm you. It soothes and relaxes you but doesn’t drive you insane. This is the best thing to burn when you can’t sort out your thoughts and need to gather yourself.

4. Birthday Cake/ Cake Batter

Similar to vanilla, this is a sweet smell. This is warm but a little more fun. It’s vanilla if vanilla was an extrovert. This is sweetness overload, almost, but not so much that you lose focus. This scent is the kind that makes you want to kick off your shoes and pick up some paint brushes. If you’re taking an art class or some other sort of creative class like writing, this is your go to. It’s inspiring and the smell hardly dies out quickly.

5. Orange

Orange is known for it’s energizing qualities. Bath and Body Works uses it as it’s the main scent in their “Energy” hand lotion and other products. It’s zesty and has a personality. Orange is the scent you would reach for if you are completely drained and feel like you have no motivation at all. This is a perfect little pick me up when you need it the most. It’s what I like to call my saving grace.

I'm just a photographer/writer trying to show the world in a new light.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University