This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

*Spoilers Ahead!*

Netflix released season 3 of their show “Atypical” on Friday, November 1st, and–no surprise–I have already finished the whole season.

Netflix has become sort of famous due to their amazing original series, and “Atypical” is no outlier. This show follows the Gardner family–Doug and Elsa and their kids Sam and Casey–as they navigate their daily lives.

Though this one isn’t as dramatic and artsy and some of their other original (ex. “Stranger Things” and “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”, another two of my favorites) it is still one of the best and most enjoyable shows on Netflix, in my opinion.

This heart-warming show starts in season 1 with Doug and Elsa struggling with their marriage, their oldest son Sam, who has Autism, struggling during his final school year, and their daughter Casey, who is being recruited to a private school due to her track record. Flashforward to season 3, where the marriage is still in progress, Sam is starting his first year of college, and Casey is also having trouble at her new school.

Season 3 comes with the same quirkiness, heart-wrenching, and heart-warming moments that fans have grown to love throughout the show already. All in all, “Atypical” is a great, family-friendly show that still has a dramatic flair to it that everyone will enjoy. Everyone is able to see a bit of themselves in each and every character, which is something I think is super special.

If you are in need of some TLC or just another great Netflix show to watch, “Atypical” is the show for you. 

Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University