danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

All About Jamie Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Jamie Louise Anderson is a four-time gold medalist whp has participated in the 2014 and 2018 Olympics. She is an American professional snow boarder and she participates in the Inaugural Women’s Slopestyle Event in the Olympics.

Anderson was born on September 13, 1990 in South Lake Tahoe, California. She had seven other siblings and was homeschooled as a child. She first snowboarded when she was nine after she received a pre-owned snowboard. After some practice, she qualified for the 2004 Winter X Games at only 14 years old. The next year, in 2005, she won Bronze and became the youngest female medalist in the Winter X Games.

In the current 2018 Winter Olympics, Anderson won gold in the Inaugural Women’s Slopestyle. This accomplishment has made her the first female snowboarder that has won more than one gold medal in the Olympics. In the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia Anderson was the first woman to win the medal due to it being the first time offered. She has won gold in the same category in the 2018 Winter Olympics making her the only woman to receive gold both times in this category. Anderson has told Time Magazine that she attributes her ability to be calm through tree bark, Hawaiian seeds and crystals.

In total, Anderson has won eleven medals. She has won two gold medals in the Winter Olympics. She has won six gold medals in the Aspen Winter X Games in 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2017, and 2018. She has won five silver medals in the Aspen Winter X Games in 2010, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017. And finally, she has won three bronze medals in the Aspen Winter X Games in 2006, 2011, and 2018.

Through Anderson’s accomplishments, she has made an impact in the snowboarding community. She participates in the Cascade Snowboard Camp and has hosted a Signature Session. She has also established the Jamie Anderson Foundation in 2013 that provides athletes with equipment, season passes, clothing, and financial aid. 

SU' 20 • Vanderpump Rules Enthusiast • Dog Fanatic • I'm just a college girl with champagne taste on a beer budget.