Style > Beauty

Affordable Beauty Products I Can’t Live Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

I would like to clue you guys in on some affordable, essential beauty products, most of which I use on a daily basis. All but one of these products are $10 dollars or less and they have amazing results. As a lover of makeup, I take great strides in making sure I maintain proper skin, hair, and lip care because if not, the makeup doesn’t sit very well. This year I switched from a regular moisturizer to a gel moisturizer to see how it would sit on my dry skin. I used to get extremely dry during the winter and regular face moisturizer just wouldn’t hydrate my skin the way I needed it to, so my makeup would gather and stick to every dry patch of skin. 

My hair would become equally dry during the winter as well and when I would try to use conditioner, it left my hair a ghastly combination of oily and dry. What I’ve learned recently is that the same products don’t always work year round, but the ones that I have in this article do work for my skin and hair during all of the seasons. The hair mask that I have below not only hydrates my hair without leaving it oily, but it smells amazing. It’s probably my favorite aside from the gel moisturizers, both products are from Garnier. I have mostly combination skin, sometimes it’s more oily and sometimes it gets dry, but the products that I’ve accumulated below work when I’m having either day. Keep in mind that depending on your hair and skin type that the same products may not work for you.

Some other things to keep in mind: if you have oily hair or skin sometimes adding oil to both will help with controlling that oil rather than products without. Argon and coconut oil are two equally affordable products not included in this list that will do wonders for your hair. When It comes to face oils I would look into high-end brands such as Tarte that are vegan and cruelty-free or Beauty Bakery rather than trying to save money and break your skin out.

I also included my favorite Perfume in this list for all of you who love smelling fresh.      

1. Loreal’s Wave Spray

This is how my hair looks after using Loreal’s Wave Spray. (It’s discontinued now… sorry)

2. Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask

You can find this in stores for only $2.97 and it smells AMAZING.

3. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Refreshing Gel-Cream

I get mine for $6.62 at Wal-Mart.

4. Shea  Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Lip Balm

You can find it for $3.99 at Ulta.

5. Draw It All Out Skin-Detoxing Charcoal + Plum Mask

This is my favorite face mask that I get for $6.99 at Ulta.

6. Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Body Mist

This one is $10-$55 at Victoria’s Secret depending on the size.

7. Mario Badescu Facial Mist

I find this for $7.00- $12.00 at Ulta

8. Equate Beauty Exfoliating Makeup Remover Wipes

The 60 Count is only $3.97 at Walmart. 

I hope this article helped you all find some affordable and amazing products to use in your daily beauty and self-care routines. Be sure to check out my other articles about the beauty community and stay tuned for next week. Happy Halloween!

I am a senior creative writing and theatre performance writer with a minor in vocal performance. I write my own songs and love to perform. I have a love for the fine arts, make-up, and Italian food.
Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University