This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

Skam is a Norwegian web series that focuses on a different character each season. With a main cast full of beautiful people like Josefine Frida Petterson, Iman Meskini, Lisa Teige, Tarjei Sandvik Moe, Henrik Holm, Herman Tømmeraas, and Thomas Hayes, you’ll find yourself hooked not only on the characters but on the actors portraying them as well. Here are 7 other reasons you need to binge Skam ASAP. 

1. Even though it’s in Norwegian, most episodes have subtitles in English as well as other languages.

2. The series portrays bipolar disorder in a very real light through Even Bech Næsheim who goes through depressive episodes and manic episodes on screen.

3. Girl squad goals? Boy squad goals? Skam’s got them all!

4. Episodes cover important issues pertaining to religion, LGBTQ rights, the refugee crisis, war, and even more.

5. Skam has strong female leads, including a Muslim female who isn’t afraid to take charge or take a stand.

6. The music score is fantastic and you’ll find yourself on Shazam or Spotify looking up many song you hear throughout the series.

7. Love is portrayed realistically, written beautifully, and not confined to heterosexual relationships. In fact, the main focus of season 3 is on a relationship between two males.

For those of you finding yourself wanting to watch Skam, there is a multitude of sites out there that offer Skam with subtitles. You might have to watch them off of someone’s Google Drive (like I did for the first few seasons) or through Dailymotion (as I also did). Google and Tumblr will be your friend during your Skam viewing! Happy watching! 

Writers are contributing from Susquehanna University