sorority advice?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sorority advice?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer / 20th Century Studios

5 Tips For Sorority Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

With sorority recruitment coming up this week, I wanted to share five tips to get the most out of the experience! As someone who went through recruitment last year, I can totally relate to the nervousness, fear, and excitement you all are experiencing.

1. Be Yourself

This sounds cliche, but it’s true. Don’t be afraid to be your genuine, authentic self. Don’t worry about trying to fit into a strict cookie-cutter image of what a “sorority girl” is. The truth is, the girls in sororities are just normal people. We all have different appearances, personalities, skills, and aspirations that make us unique. Your future sisters will love you for YOU, not someone you pretend to be.

1. Go in with an Open Mind

While it can be easy to draw conclusions about certain sororities based on what you see on social media or what people on campus are saying, it’s important to give every sorority a chance. Every sorority has its own unique philanthropy, values, and sisterhoods. Go in with an open mind and let your decision come to you.

1. Ask Questions

During recruitment, you are going to be asked a lot of questions about yourself. We want to get to know you as a person and how you would fit into our chapters. But remember, you can ask questions too!  Joining a sorority is a big decision, and it’s important to take it seriously. This is a perfect opportunity to ask all the questions you’ve had lingering about Greek Life before you make that next step.

1. Trust the Process

Recruitment can be an incredibly hectic and stressful experience, and it is completely normal to feel anxious or stressed throughout it. Take care of yourself throughout this process by staying fed and hydrated and getting a good night’s sleep. And remember, this is an opportunity to meet your future sisters and find your future home. Everything happens for a reason!

1. Do What’s Best For You

Going through recruitment, especially with friends, can cause you to feel pressured to go along with what other people are doing instead of what you want to do. During recruitment, I recommend talking through it with someone entirely removed from the process, like your mom, dad, or a hometown friend who’s not in Greek Life. This helps you to feel less pressured into making a certain decision. Remember, your true friends will stay friends with you even if you don’t end up in the same sorority.

I hope these tips help you all feel more confident about recruitment. You can sign up for recruitment until Wednesday using this link: https://enroll.icsrecruiter.com/pan/SUSQUN#!/enroll/enrollment-disclaimer

Abby Erickson is a writer at Her Campus' Susqu Chapter. Beyond Her Campus, Abby is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and serves as the Corresponding Secretary for Programming Council. She is also a member of the WQSU Promotions Department. She is an Advertising & PR and Psychology double major with a minor in Marketing. In her free time, Abby enjoys hanging out with her friends, listening to music, and watching Dance Moms!